After a tough week of work, many of us wonder: “What did I miss?” Here are few videos to review the week’s events and allow a mindless transition into the weekend. Anything I missed?
On the Social Front
- Todd Seavey proves (much to Helen Rittelmeyer’s dismay) that old love dies hard during a C-Span panel on Jonah Goldberg’s new collection, Proud to be Right.
On the Professional Front
- A good corrective for those of us who once contemplated law school (Marcus Cole might want to assign this to his first year students).
And now on to the Political Front
- Jimmy McMillan (of “the Rent is Too Damn High Party”) should serve as a model for other candidates who have yet to learn how to stay on message (he also proved a far better choice than Mr. Cuomo and Mr. Palidino).
- In one of the more bizarre ads of this season, Jack Conway indicts Rand Paul for past flirtations with “Aqua Buddha” and it actually becomes the topic of debate. Conway may pay a high price for using Aqua Buddha’s name in vain.
- Saturday Night Live can’t resist Christine O’Donnell. Thankfully, now that she has established herself as a credible candidate ready to work to build Senate coalitions guided by her constitutional expertise and her vast knowledge of recent Supreme Court decisions, the mocking shall cease.
- Finally, Bill Clinton may have been America’s first Black president, but Sharon Angle now stakes a claim to being Nevada’s first Asian legislator.
Have a Wonderful Weekend